10 Exciting Activities to Enjoy in December!
December is a magikal and festive month filled with joy, laughter, and the spirit of giving. As the holiday season unfolds, parents often find themselves looking for creative and entertaining ways to keep their little ones engaged. Fortunately, there are plenty of festive activities that can turn December into a month of unforgettable memories for your kids. In this blog post, we’ll explore 10 exciting things for kids to do during this special time of the year.
- Decorate the House: Kick off the festive season by involving your kids in decorating the house. Let them unleash their creativity by making handmade ornaments, crafting paper snowflakes, and hanging stockings. This not only adds a personal touch to your home but also creates lasting memories.
- Bake Holiday Treats: Get your little chefs into the kitchen to whip up some delicious holiday treats. From gingerbread cookies to festive cupcakes, baking together is a delightful way to bond and share the joy of the season.
- Create DIY Gifts: Encourage your kids to tap into their artistic side by making DIY gifts for family and friends. Whether it’s personalized ornaments, hand-painted mugs, or homemade cards, these thoughtful gifts will be cherished by loved ones.
- Visit a Winter Wonderland: Explore local holiday events, light displays, or winter festivals in your area. Take a stroll through a nearby winter wonderland or attend community celebrations that often feature festive performances, activities, and, of course, a chance to meet Santa Claus!
- Watch Holiday Movies: Cozy up with some hot cocoa and watch classic holiday movies together. Whether it’s an animated favorite or a heartwarming family film, this simple activity is perfect for creating a warm and festive atmosphere at home.
- Write Letters to Santa: Have your kids write letters to Santa Claus, expressing their holiday wishes and recounting their good deeds throughout the year. It’s a charming tradition that adds to the magic of the season.
- Craft Advent Calendars: Create your own advent calendar filled with daily surprises. This can be as simple as numbered envelopes with small treats or notes inside. The anticipation of discovering a new surprise each day adds excitement to the countdown to Christmas.
- Outdoor Snow Play: If you’re lucky enough to have a snowy winter, embrace it! Build snowmen, have a snowball fight, or create snow angels. Outdoor play in the snow is not only fun but also a great way for kids to stay active during the colder months.
- Attend a Holiday Concert or Play: Check local event listings for holiday-themed concerts, plays, or performances. Many communities host special shows during December, providing an opportunity for your kids to experience the magic of live entertainment.
- Read Holiday Stories: Set aside time each evening to read holiday stories together. Whether it’s a classic like “The Night Before Christmas” or a new favorite, sharing these timeless tales helps create a cozy and festive bedtime routine.
BE EXTRA FESTIVE!
Get The Magik Scarf for your young adult reader! It is adventure and magikal all rolled into one!